A short guide on how to install or upgrade Squirrel
- HCL Domino 9.0.1 FP8 or higher (requires Java Virtual Machine 1.8 or higher)
- Connection to the Internet mail server(s) from the HCL Domino server
- Java Virtual Machine heap size with 256MB or more (e.g. 'JavaMaxHeapSize=256MB')
To avoid out-of-memory errors in the Java Virtual Machine, make sure that the JVM heap size is set to at least 256 MB in the Notes.ini on the HCL Domino server, e.g. 'JavaMaxHeapSize=256MB'
Under Linux/Unix/AIX, make sure that the JAR files are marked with executable rights thru 'chmod +rx‘
The file name prefix '1-' ensures that the newer Jakarta Mail is loaded in favor of the standard mail.jar included in HCL Domino (required for OAuth 2.0)
- Sign the database template 'Squirrel.ntf' with the HCL Domino server-id
- Create a new database 'Squirrel.nsf' in the root data directory or replace the design of the existing database using the signed template
- Create, edit or verify the configuration, connection and account documents
The database access control (ACL) must be set as follows:
The HCL Domino database 'Squirrel.nsf' contains configuration and status information. There are three types of documents:
- One Configuration Document per Domino server is used to define the Squirrel add-in running on a server (ACL Role 'EditConfigSrv').
- One Host Connection Document must be defined for each Internet mail server referenced in the mail account documents (ACL Role 'EditConn').
- One Mail Account Subscription Document' must be defined for each mail account to be processed (ACL Role 'EditAcc') .
- If any RunJava task is running on the server (e.g iSpy, RMEval, ChangeMan), it is necessary to restart these tasks to load the newly installed Java containers.
The easiest and recommended way is to add a program document in the HCL Domino directory.
Sample program document in Domino Directory
Enter the command
Load RunJava JAddin Squirrelin the HCL Domino console:
> Load RunJava JAddin Squirrel
17.10.2020 15:07:24 JVM: Java Virtual Machine initialized.
17.10.2020 15:07:24 RunJava: Started JAddin Java task.
17.10.2020 15:07:24 Squirrel: The Internet Mail Collector for HCL Domino - Version 1.4.1 2020-10-18
17.10.2020 15:07:24 Squirrel: Copyright iota systems GmbH / ABdata, Andy Brunner - All Rights Reserved
17.10.2020 15:07:25 Squirrel: License key valid for 10 mail account subscriptions until 2021-12-31
17.10.2020 15:07:26 Squirrel: IMAPS message forwarded to XXX/XXX from [email protected] (Size 689 KB)
17.10.2020 15:07:26 Squirrel: POP3S message forwarded to XXX/XXX from [email protected] (Size 286 KB)
You may change the line starting with 'ServerTasks=' to include the task to be started, e.g.
ServerTasks=Replica,Router,Update,RunJava JAddin Squirrel,AMgr,...
Please note that the Java class names 'JAddin' and 'Squirrel' are both case-sensitive and must be coded with exact case during startup.